Friday 13 April 2012

X-Factor Australia Contestant Who Went Through an Unimaginable Trial And Makes Judges Cry


This story is a out 7 months old but its heart touching. I just came across it and if you havent seen it, im sure you would appreciate it :)  : Pamela Cook faced an unimaginable choice when she got breast cancer while pregnant - abort the baby to help her survive or keep her faith. Watch what she chose and watch how her story and song bring judges and audiences to tears. So touching.


An Australian X Factor contestant has revealed her battle with cancer.

Pamela Cook, a 30-year-old single mom and teacher who impressed the judges on the reality show with her rendition of 'Because of You' last week, said that she was devastated when her long-term partner and father of her son Zion walked out on her on the last day of her chemotherapy treatment.

Cook was 16 weeks pregnant when a lump on her breast was diagnosed as cancer. She refused to terminate her pregnancy, had Zion delivered nine weeks early and underwent treatment. 

"There's no way I could terminate [my baby's] life," she told New Idea magazine. "I just knew if I prayed hard enough, I'd be okay."

Cook said of her former fiancé leaving her: "I think he thought he was doing the right thing by waiting until my last day of treatment. When I was diagnosed, the reality hit home and our relationship changed completely from that day.

"He must have made his decision very early on because he kept asking me when was my last day of treatment. I thought he was going to take me out for dinner or that we were going away for the weekend. But he obviously wasn't planning to take me anywhere."

Although she said that she doesn't "feel angry", Cook admitted : "It's sad he couldn't be the man I thought he was. If there was ever a time when I needed someone, it was then. But he had decided he needed to move on. And that's not the person I want to be with anyway."

Admitting that "a little bit of [her] had died" after her cancer diagnosis, Cook said: "I tried to stay positive. During my pregnancy, I was constantly in fear of what the chemo was doing to the baby." She said that she wanted to audition for The X Factor because "it might mean [she] can achieve [her] dream" of being a singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment