Thursday 26 January 2012

Teen warned over chicken nugget diet


A Birmingham teenager has been warned about her diet - after eating nothing but chicken nuggets since the age of two.
Stacey Irvine, 17, who has never touched greens or fruit, is recovering at home after collapsing and being rushed to hospital.
Doctors put her on a course of vitamins after diagnosing her as suffering from anaemia and swollen veins in her tongue, reports The Sun.
Miss Irvine, of Castle Vale, said: "I am starting to realise this is really bad for me."
The only variation in her diet apart from fries is the occasional slice of toast for breakfast - and crisps.
She added: "I first tasted chicken nuggets when my mum took me to McDonald's when I was two. I loved them so much they were all I would eat.
"I just couldn't face even trying other foods. Mum gave up giving me anything else years ago."
Her mother Evonne, 39, said she had tried starving Stacey to get her to try other foods but to no avail.
She admitted: "I'm at my wit's end. It breaks my heart to see her eating those damned nuggets... But she says she can't eat anything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment